Map of Ardnamurchan with location of Self Catering Accommodation
Your journey to Ardnamurchan from Glasgow
Link to On the road to Ardnamurchan places to see and stop on your journey.
From the South at A82 Crianlarich continue through Glencoe. Two miles after you have crossed over the Ballachulish Bridge, turn left and take the Corran Ferry (check timetable) across Loch Linnhe. From the Corran Ferry Turn left on disembarking then stay on the A861. Turn left at Salen onto the B8007 and follow the road to Kilchoan.
If you are unable to cross via the Corran Ferry, continue north on the A82 to Fort William then follow the directions below.
From the North Follow directions for Fort William take the A830 out of Fort William towards Mallaig. Turn left at Lochailort onto the A861 and follow the road to Salen. Turn right in Salen onto B8007 and follow road to Kilchoan.
We have single track roads on the peninsula please allow yourself plenty of time, 30 miles can take 11/2 hours to drive, it is best to take your time and enjoy the experience.
Rules for driving on single-track roads
• Passing places are indicated with signs
• Use passing places to permit oncoming traffic to proceed AND to allow traffic behind you to overtake
• Always stay on the left-hand side of the road when using passing places. If the passing place is on your right, do not enter it. Stop opposite it on the left side of the road to allow the vehicle approaching you to use the passing place to pass you
• If the car behind you is travelling faster than you or behind you for a while, please pull in to allow it to overtake. Please note the Police notices reminding you to do so
• Always be aware that the car behind could contain a doctor or a member of one of the emergency service
• Never park in passing places (however beautiful the view might be!), they are not viewpoints
Distance from Kilchoan to the nearest airports
160 mi Edinburgh Airport
133 mi Glasgow Airport
138 mi Inverness Airport
Distance from Kilchoan to the nearest Train Station
52 mi Fort William Train Station
By Public Transport
From Glasgow you can go to Fort William or Oban by the train Scot Rail or by coach City Link, which stops at Glasgow airport.
From Fort William you can get the Loch Shiel Bus and enjoy the lovely scenery on your way to Kilchoan.
From Oban you can go on to the Isle of Mull and take the CalMac Ferry Service to Craignure, from there a bus to Tobermory and then a CalMac Ferry Service to Kilchoan.
How to get from London to Fort William or Oban
By Caledonian Sleeperthe overnight train leaves Euston Train Station in the evening and reaches Fort William in the morning, with the last part of you journey going through the most amazing landscape.
Arriving in Fort William you may wish to hire a car, our recommendation is Fort William easy drive Car Hire
Times for public transport from Glasgow to Kilchoan.
Train from Queen’s Street Glasgow to Oban
Link to the train timetable
DEPARTED ARRIVED 3h 6m
DEPARTEDARRIVED 3h 1m
DEPARTEDARRIVED 3h 6m
DEPARTEDARRIVED 3h 3m